Located southwest of Milwaukee in the southeast part of Waukesha County, New Berlin township settlements date from the early 1830s. Mostly forest at the time, pioneers who settled here cultivated the land for agriculture and orchards. The township became a city in 1959 and most of the communities were developed and settled between the mid-1950s and 1980s.
New Berlin’s motto is “City living with a touch of Country.” To ensure you blend in with the locals, be sure to emphasize the “Ber” syllable as opposed to the “lin” part as is more common in the German pronunciation.
New Berlin boasts a wide range of housing options, from starter homes and first-time buyer neighborhoods to farms and farmettes – all the way up to high end luxury estates.
Highlights of New Berlin
- The New Berlin School District exceeds expectations of the Wisconsin Department of Instruction.
- The western half of New Berlin is slowly developing from rural farmland to residential communities featuring larger parcels of land and community green spaces as compared to the established eastern portion with quarter to half acre lots.
- Get out and enjoy the fresh air! Park systems include portions of Minooka Park, an excellent venue for swimming, trail biking, horse riding, bringing the dog and more. Other great parks include Valley View Park, New Berlin Recreation Trail and smaller community parks sprinkled in and amongst its individual subdivisions.
- Some of the new commercial and retail development along National Ave and Moreland Blvd includes a new Costco, Walmart, Harley Davidson Dealership, The Ridge Cinema, Fine Dining Options and great weeknight eateries like Quaker Steak and Lube and New Berlin Ale House.
- Situated along the I-94 freeway to the north, which takes you to and from Milwaukee and Madison; I-894, which links up with Chicago; and the I-43 Freeway to take you southwest to Rockford, IL.
Please click below for homes available in New Berlin.
New Berlin Homes For Sale
Information is supplied by seller and other third parties and has not been verified. iHomefinder, Inc. is an IDX consultant for Metro MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.