The Village of Elm Grove is actually an offspring of the Town of Brookfield that incorporated in the mid-1950s. One hundred years earlier, a newly laid track of the Milwaukee Road railroad passed through the town, intersecting the historic Watertown Plank Road. The vast growth of trees in the area inspired railroad officials to designate this new stop Elm Grove.
The quality of life in Elm Grove is absolutely one of, if not the best, in Southeastern Wisconsin. This is where families feel safe, enjoy low taxes and benefit from convenient access to the freeway. The village has one of the highest household median incomes in Wisconsin.
Residential properties in this highly desirable little community go on and off the market in a matter of days. No surprise, turnover of homes is minimal.
Elm Grove is bordered by Bluemound Road, Pilgrim Road, 124th Street and North Avenue. Its small-town charm is matched by its small-town size, roughly two miles by two miles.
Highlights of Elm Grove
- In 2014, Business Insider magazine called Elm Grove the best suburb in United States. In 2015, it named Brookfield East High School the Best High School in Wisconsin.
- Gorgeous Elm Grove Park is at the center of the village, with a fishing lagoon, tennis courts, public pool, basketball courts, soccer fields and hiking and biking trails. The police and fire departments are right in the park, so you can feel safe sending your kids to the park unattended.
- Blue Ribbon award-winning public elementary instruction at Tonawanda Elementary School.
- A quaint village atmosphere, completely walkable to local shops and restaurants. Arts friendly, Elm Grove is the home of Sunset Playhouse.
- Conveniently located, Elm Grove is 20 minutes from Milwaukee’s international airport, 12 from downtown, minutes from two different freeway systems and two regional shopping malls, with a regional medical center/medical college nearby.
- The 2010 census reports a population of 5934.
Please click below for homes available in Elm Grove.
Elm Grove Homes For Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.