A prosperous municipality west of Milwaukee, Brookfield was originally settled as a farming community with two major railroads running through the center. The old Watertown Plank Road, literally made of mud and wood planks, started here and took travelers all the way out to Watertown and beyond.
Al Capone called Brookfield home back in the hayday of prohibition. His hideout can be found on Capone Court!
Brookfield is perhaps best known for its iconic Bluemound Road, which provides access to innumerable major business, food and retail destinations to the entire community.
Brookfield is bordered by Greenfield Avenue to the south, Lisbon Road/Hampton Avenue to the North, 124th Street to the east and Springdale Road to the West and surrounds Elm Grove on three sides.
Highlights of Brookfield
- Great schools! In 2015, Business Insider magazine rated Brookfield East first in state. The department of public instruction rates Elmbrook Schools third in state amongst all public schools. ACT scores: Brookfield Central averages 25.3 and Brookfield East averages 25.7, with 10 percent in both schools between 33 and 36. Elmbrook Schools services the city of Brookfield (not the town).
- At a major crossroads is Brookfield Square, a bustling, regional mall. Another high-end mall is in the early development stages.
- The majority of our out-of-state, Wisconsin-bound clients seek out Brookfield for its community feel, outstanding schools and proximity to downtown (21 minutes on average) and the rest of the metro area.
- Brookfield has many parks, most notably Wirth Park with its own aquatic center, and the Sharon Lynn Wilson Center for the Arts, which also contains an off-leash dog park.
- World renowned Milwaukee Tool is headquartered here.
- A population of 38,000 in 2013. The median age is 47.4 years and mean home price in 2013 was $317,729. Conservative fiscal responsibility of city government has kept taxes stable over the past several years.
Please click below for homes available in Brookfield.
Brookfield Homes For Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.