For whatever reason, the origins of the Village of Menomonee Falls remain murky. Named after the Menomonee River and the subsequent waterfall downtown, the first post office of record opened in 1842.
The northern-most and eastern-most community in Waukesha County, here you find a mix of older communities built up in the 70s and 80s, as well as newer construction built up in the 90s and 2000s.
A strong commercial/industrial base contributes to relatively lower taxes. Generally speaking, people can buy more house for the money in “the falls” as compared to communities like Brookfield or Elm Grove. This, along with quality schools and a growing retail infrastructure, is attracting many new families to the community – which sparks new subdivisions and home construction.
With 36,000 residents, Menomonee Falls is the most heavily populated village in the state. It is bordered by County Line Road to the north and Hampton Avenue/Lisbon Road to the south, as well as Town Line Road to the east and 124th Street to the east.
Highlights of Menomonee Falls
- Numerous community and neighborhood parks provide outdoor recreation for families and health-conscious individuals.
- The historic downtown area sports many interesting boutique shops, restaurants and bars.
- Like to golf? Enjoy North Hills Country Club, Waunakee Golf Course and Silver Spring Country Club.
- Situated 14 miles from downtown Milwaukee.
- Home to many local industries including the Harley Davidson Engine Plant, Kohl’s World Headquarters and Wells Fargo hub.
- The unusually named Bug Line Trail is a popular hiking, biking and running trail that runs through the village.
- Community Memorial Hospital, a popular regional medical center, is located in heart of Menomonee Falls and employs roughly 1,300 people.
Please click below for homes available in Menomonee Falls.
Menomonee Falls Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.