With its large number of lakes, locals commonly refer to the northwestern corner of Waukesha County as “Lake Country.” Its many inland lakes include Pewaukee, Nagawicka, Beaver, North, Moose, Pine, Okauchee, Lac LaBelle, Fowler, Upper and Lower Nemhabin as well as others.
Needless to say, this water-rich area is a fisherman’s paradise any time of the year. From sailboat to iceboat racing, lake recreation is a way of life here. Not to suggest there’s little for the land-lubber; from hiking to golfing, relaxation in the great outdoors abounds.
This picturesque setting includes Pewaukee, Delafield, Hartland, Merton, Nashotah, Chenequa, Okauchee Lake, Oconomowoc, Summit and Lac La Belle.
Highlights of Lake Country
- Small town, suburban to rural environment.
- Two excellent school districts: Arrowhead and Oconomowoc.
- Feel free to explore the Ice Age Trail and Kettle Moraine Forest. Or, enjoy the many lakes via beaches and boat launches.
- Close proximity to two major highways for easy access to Milwaukee, Madison and airports.
- Farmers markets and a wide range of restaurants.
- Golf at Naga-Waukee War Memorial Golf Course, Western Lakes, and Chenequa Country Club.
- GE Heathcare’s main campus is in Lake Country.
- The average home value is $400,000. A high-end lakefront home starts around $1,000,000.
Please click below for homes available in the Lake Country area.
Lake Country Homes For Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.